When you go to your Facebook Fan Page, you’ll start to see Facebook warn you of upcoming changes that will be happening to the design of all Fan Pages on Facebook on June 5th, 2014. Facebook announced the re-design back in March.
As of June 5th, your Facebook Page will change to the new design which has the following dimensions…
Click here to download an editable PSD file of a new Facebook Page Cover Image Template 2014
The New Page Design:
- Your page cover image is now different, the thumbnail for your profile picture box on the left is now higher up on the page, which covers up your cover image more. Also, Facebook puts text to the right of that profile picture of your Page Name and Website… you can’t hide that text. Also, there are now ‘Like’ ‘Follow’ and ‘Message’ buttons hovering overtop of the cover image on the right-hand side. So you will need to make sure you don’t have any text or important information in your cover image that would be covered up by those new elements.
- Facebook page tabs are gone! (Well, sort of). The image buttons commonly known as ‘Tabs’ are gone, and now there are only ‘text tabs’. In the new design, the space under the cover image now has a fixed menu of ‘Timeline’ ‘About’ ‘Photos’ and ‘Likes’… with a ‘More’ option that when clicked will show your old tabs as links. You can click on MORE > MANAGE TABS which allows you to drag and drop the order of your new ‘text tabs’, and you can move a custom tab/app to the space beside ‘About’. You can’t move ‘Timeline’ or ‘About’.However, Page Tabs aren’t completely gone, Facebook now calls them ‘Apps’ and you can have an ‘Apps’ box on the left side with your old page tabs shown in a list with a graphic.
- Left column that you can re-arrange! Yes, the timeline is now a SINGLE COLUMN Timeline, like personal profile walls. This is a much better user experience, being able to read posts in a single column instead of having to jump your eyes back and forth between two columns of posts that don’t line up. Also, the left column you can now re-arrange to have the boxes in whichever order you prefer. This means you can move page ‘Apps’ to the top, or have recent comments to your page by page fans at the top.
- Comments from Page Fans now appear on the left side in a much nicer box showing the comments in mini boxes
- New stats boxes on the right-hand size of the page for admins to quickly see updates to their page.
Be sure to update your cover image to fit the correct dimensions and take into account the page layout changes for June 5, 2014!