Winning new customers is much more expensive than selling more to your existing clients. Knowing who your best customers are can help you improve customer satisfaction and sell more to these existing customers.
Gaining new clientele is one of the most difficult aspects of running a business, so it is important to retain and look after the ones you already have, and sell more to them, but at the same time still looking for new customers.
In an upcoming 5-part blog series I’ll be posting tips and advice on how to get to know your customers and understand your market so you can grow your customer base.
To start with, here’s 10 high-level tips for growing your customer base. We’ll dive into these more specifically over the next few days!
10 Powerful Tips To Grow Your Customer Base
- Focus on the right customers. Just because you might have a small business don’t just think you can only sell to other small businesses.
- Stay connected with your customers. Engage with them. Build a solid relationship with them. The internet and social media marketing makes this extremely easy to do.
- Offer extra value. Always try to over-deliver so your customers will stay loyal to you and keep coming back for more.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for referrals and testimonials.
- Understand and address your customer’s key frustrations.
- Keep communicating with your customers. Don’t let them forget about you. You can do this via online newsletters, social media platforms like Twitter and Facebook etc. Provide offers and information which may be of value to them.
- Make it your aim to get to know your customers. Find out as much as you can about them. Get to know their interests, their partner’s names, how many children they have, what pets they have, what car they drive etc.
- Improve your customer service skills. This includes how you communicate with them, how you answer the phone to them and how you present yourself and your business. Whatever contact your customers have with you, it should always be a positive experience.
- Ask customers how you can do things better. No company is perfect but if you allow your customers to give you feedback you will keep them on side and loyal to your business.
- Create forums or Facebook groups where customers can share information and ideas. Create a community for them to be a part of. It all helps with the engagement and keeping them loyal to you.